Nothing makes a young man more attractive than a good smell! Let’s put the “looks” aside for a little while, LOL! Are we forgetting that young men are more knowledgeable in choosing the best smelling colognes? Gone are the days where colognes were only for older folks you can easily find some of the best colognes for young men.
Let’s make it more transparent; pleasant scents attract ladies. Some fragrances will drive them wild, and others will speak to them on your behalf during a cocktail party. So, here’s an opportunity to kill two birds with only one stone; your best beginner cologne!
Well, let’s assume that you’re not after pleasing the ladies around. You just want to smell good. Either way, wearing an excellent smelling fragrance is a perfect way to express your first impression and confidence.
Unfortunately, a large number of men think that wearing colognes doesn’t matter. In fact, 80% of young men do not wear colognes, yes, eight, zero! It seems like a typo, right? However, the truth is that there is always something for everyone – a cologne to match your spirit and give you a signature scent. The best cologne for you may be another man’s poison, but that doesn’t matter.
So, it’s time to forget about that same old scent that you’ve been wearing since college. Get ready to buy the best beginner cologne before the end of 2020! Our well-researched product review and buyer’s guide will give you sufficient light and understanding regarding the best smelling colognes for young men.
Quick Review 7 Best Smelling Cologne for Young Men
(All Time Best)
Sauvage by Christian Dior Eau de Toilette for Men
Since its launch in 1966, Sauvage by Christian Dior has been a noble and raw product. It unleashes a vibrant and powerful woody scent. This best beginner cologne is warm, classy, and spicy, thus recommended for summer and spring wear. Sauvage is well versatile, well reacted, and still dominating. The young men colognes has a suitable sprayer mechanism, making it a perfect blend and combination for your clothing and skin while regulating projection and amounts.
Let’s talk about its suitability as a male perfume; it brings out masculinity thanks to its classic fragrance. It has a blend of lemon, basil, petitgrain, Sichuan pepper, pink pepper, cedar, rosemary, and vetiver for a strong scent. The looks are not compromised; it comes in a pure bottle that has a Dior design signature, with each detail keenly studied. The spray bottles are made in a way you can quickly put in your briefcase or gym bags for touch-ups.
Blue Jeans By Gianni Versace For Men, Eau De Toilette Spray 2.5-Ounces
Blue jeans by Gianni Versace for men is a classy designer scent. It is a creation of 1994, but its beautiful and distinctive smell has not been diluted since then. The Blue Jeans fragrance is authentic and brings out masculinity. The best beginner cologne only weighs 2.5 ounces, and you can slide it in your briefcase’s small pocket as you prepare to travel.
This fragrance is refreshing to the body. You’ll love its superior moisture that recharges the skin with a sensual scent. With Blue Jeans, get ready to awaken your spirit and achieve soft and smooth skin.
The cologne can be applied directly to the skin for hydration purposes. It is made from bergamot, lime, citrus, oakmoss, sandalwood, and cedar, making it an ice breaker. So to say, Blue Jeans is a production of Gianni Versace. No wonder it is a game-changer with a competitive advantage above its peers.
It bears a sweet smell and is safe for the office, outdoor gathering, or any other formal event. It is one of the most significant sales in the 90s and still has no aging signs. Go for Blue Jeans if you’ve been looking for young men colognes that are easy to apply and ready to diffuse.
Pi By Givenchy For Men Eau De Toilette Spray 3.3
Pi is a male fragrance that is classic and seductive. The beauty of this fragrance is undeniably irresistible. It could do good on a night out. It is a house fragrance designed by Givenchy in 1998. Pi has an alluring scent.made from tarragon, basil, rosemary, and woody herbs, making it a good scent for masculinity. The smell goes well with any casual wear. The “Pi” is not just a mere name but is a symbol.
1 Million by Paco Rabanne for Men – 6.7 Ounce EDT Spray
1million for men is a Paco Rabanne product. The fragrance has a high signature, fresh, spicy, and energetic scent with an attention-grabbing desire. It goes hand in hand with a young man who lives limitlessly and ready to chase his dreams. The smell is a combination of red-orange spices, cinnamon grapefruit, blond leather, white woods, and patchouli. Thanks to the fragrance, men can walk around feeling like a million dollars.
It puts strengths on masculinity and comes in a spray bottle that is easy when applying on your joints. The perfume comes in 50ml and 100ml with unique bottles. The bottles are made in a golden shade, packed lavishly, and have a diamond crown. The fragrance has a limited edition and is well-covered in leather. The 100ml bottle can is refillable.
Calvin Klein Euphoria for Men Eau de Toilette, 0.67 fl. Oz.
Calvin Klein euphoria for men is an addictive and provocative fragrance for young men of all ages. It brings out the sexiness and desires that awakens the spirit and inspires fresh experiences. It provides masculinity and is recommended for spraying on the wrists, chest, and neck. A small spray of this perfume can last for a long time. It gives you confidence and a sense of fashion.
The perfume was launched by Calvin Klein house of design in 2006. It is packed in a 3.4 spray bottle easy to carry around. Calvin Klein euphoria for Men boasts a combination of sage cedar leaves, black basil, and Brazilian redwood that brings out a woody scent. There is euphoria for men in a 30ml bottle and 100ml.
Gucci Guilty Eau De Toilette Spray
Gucci Guilty is a high-quality fragrance. It is recommended for dates thanks to its extra romance. The scent was made in France and is a product of the house of Gucci. It is well-stored in 5.0 fluid ounce though the packaging varies. Gucci Guilty Eau De Toilette Spray is a blend of patchouli and has a woody feeling that captures women’s attention.
The male perfume has a long-lasting scent and is suitable for the skin. Its generic character and masculinity give it a mature smell. It contains lemon and lavender that bring a recent mixture of fragrance. You can either use the product during the daytime or at night. Additionally, it is suitable for all seasons, from winter to spring to autumn to summer. It is a unisex product, and so even our ladies can benefit.
Curve for Men, Cologne Spray
The curve for men is a classic scent and perfect for either night or day. It was launched by Liz Claiborne’s house in 1996 but still brings out masculinity. The cologne spray is manufactured in the USA and is available as a spraying deodorant and an aftershave. The curve for men has stayed in the market for about 20 years and still stands out.
If you want an exciting scent, this exhibiting deodorant may be what you need. It has a magnetic, woody, and spicy scent.it is green in color and has juniper berries and pineapple. The male perfume has different notes cardamom, sandalwood, and lavender. Ingredients used to make this perfume include propylene Glycol, water, citral, limonene, geraniol, methoxycinnamate, and fragrance.
Frequently Asked Question – FAQs
How to Choose a Good Cologne
The simplest way to choose a perfuming is by going with its scent. Some men colognes are floral and contain the aromas of geranium, rose, or gardenia. Exotic male perfumes have spicy notes of cinnamon or star anise. Musk scents are more decadent and carry a more masculine tone. Check the base notes of cologne before purchasing them. Go for what best suits your tastes.
What is the most popular men’s cologne right now?
Sauvage is the best fragrance that we’ve smelled on our list today. It knows how to draw attention, thus the high ratings and positive testimonials all over. If you’re not on tight budgets, Sauvage is the way to go! The masculine power of the product emanates from its aromatic freshness and leathery aromas. You better save it for your forth-coming black-tie affair.
What is the best mens cologne 2020?
Gucci Guilty Eau De Toilette Spray continues to guilt-trip its competitors by building upon its counterpart’s popularity and success. Even though the spray cologne is not as innovative as models such as the Guilty Absolute pour Homme, the masculinity and generic character is enough to be an admirable product. It continues in its warm and woody feeling. The patchouli blend speaks softly, thus making it the best cologne 2020.
What cologne smells the best on guys
Every man’s skin has different chemical compounds. It is these compounds that give each man a unique scent. The question of “what cologne smells the best on guys” is somehow subjective, depending on some factors. Though general, it is right to conclude that the cologne that smells best on a man is one that can show off his taste and nature. It shouldn’t be overwhelming but should last the whole day with equal intensity.
Buyer’s Guide about Best Smelling Colognes for Young Men
Looking for the best signature scent? One that your friends and colleagues will associate you with? One that will give you a unique and authentic musk? Pause a little bit! There is a vast assortment of fragrances out there, and they all smell good, especially to newbies. So, it’ll be a regretful waste to go for whatever your eyes can settle on. Remember that this is what will be your signature smell.
Therefore, it should stand out, turn heads, start conversations, and of course, leave a persisting impression. We’ll show you how you’ll balance all these. With our well-researched buyer’s guide, you’ve got all the sufficient info to get what will be best for you.
- Know the notes – understanding the notes of a fragrance is paramount to getting the best cologne. We won’t go into the complicated structure behind these notes. So here’s what is necessary for you; First: Notes have three layers: base, heart, and the top. Base notes are very prominent. Heart notes are mostly florals and help to balance and bind up the fragrance. Top notes are robust at first. However, they quickly evaporate hence paving the way for the other notes. Depending on your desired longevity, the “trail” and intensity your scent will leave are determined by how good these three-note layers can strike a balance.
- The bottle size – Fragrances have multiple bottle sizes. Typically, they range between 1 – 3.4 oz. In rare cases, though, you may find bottles bigger than this size range. If you’re new to a fragrance, simply buy one a smaller bottle as it has low risks. This is especially true if you’re unsure of how often you’ll be wearing it. And probably, your tastes may change after you’ve tried other scents.
- How long does it last? – Scents will not last “everlastingly” on your shelf. They’ll likely encounter heat fluctuations causing its molecules to break apart. When exposed to excessive sun rays, the same thing will happen. So, be sure to avoid window storage. You can extend the scent’s lifespan by storing it in a cool, dry, and dark environment. Your bedroom closet will be a great place!
- Price – Lots of money does not equate to better fragrance. You’ll find out that the best men’s colognes of the past decades were relatively cheap. They also had cheap formulas. You do not want a mix of expensive scents that give a smelly mess. However, if you’re not working on a tight budget, you can still get colognes worth the value of your bucks. Usually, the price of perfume will depend on the oil concentration therein. In essence, you’re paying for the scent’s image and marketing cost rather than the raw materials that generate the smell.
- Type of fragrance, there are two main types of men’s colognes; designer fragrances and niche fragrances. Most stores sell the designer fragrances, which bear a wider-reaching audience. These are safer as they do not have strong reactions. They’re mostly made from cheap raw materials and, therefore, are affordable to many users. Though the raw materials are cheap, designer fragrances have an excellent volume production. Niche fragrances come from higher-quality and costlier ingredients. They are mostly created by renowned brands and made for selective customers looking for a distinctively unique and bold scent. Though they lack the appeal like that of the designer fragrance, they are still worn by aficionados who do not mind breaking the limits.
- Try before buying – those purchasing from a physical store are better positioned to enjoy this factor than those planning to shop online. Before you open your wallet, be sure to ask for a tester to try out the cologne. Some stores charge a small fee for the testers while others give them for free. Either way, testing the cologne will provide you with confidence in the brand.
- What are other customers saying – it’s now time for online shoppers to get the upper hand? Read reviews on reliable sites that give unbiased expert-level testimonials and feedback. Learn from this online fragrance community and scrutinize the pros and cons of your desired fragrance. If it was below the expectations of a million customers, it will certainly not work for you. Forget about the product reviews from uninformed masses; they only bear rumors!
We’ve smelled lots of fragrances. Yes, a lot, and that’s why you don’t have to undergo the same hustle. From now on, picking the best smelling colognes for young men needn’t be daunting. Our review will clear the confusion even with the countless brands and multiple notes, variations, and layers. So, whether or not you have an idea of the smell that defines, this review is enough to get what matches you. Only commit to what will make you a winner!